What's new

Where's Jackie Gleason and His American Scene Magazine? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
From what I read, Gleason saw his return to weekly series television in 1962 as a chance to provide a review offering a satire on the cultural scene in America as it stood then.

In that case, the Magazine title was remarkably fitting!

Davidwerdal

Auditioning
Real Name
David Werdal
Probobly 40 (or more) years ago, my state PBS station ran Jackie Gleason's American Scene Magazine's Christmas Show, which I believe was season 4 episode 15. I remembered the original broadcast on Dec. 25, 1966. I copied it onto VHS, but have lost (misplaced) the tape. Does anyone know if it has been commercially released? Thanks.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
The show played in reruns on a local channel here in Canada in the early 1980s, five nights a week. My family and I enjoyed watching it then. I have never seen it since.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Probobly 40 (or more) years ago, my state PBS station ran Jackie Gleason's American Scene Magazine's Christmas Show, which I believe was season 4 episode 15. I remembered the original broadcast on Dec. 25, 1966. I copied it onto VHS, but have lost (misplaced) the tape. Does anyone know if it has been commercially released? Thanks.
Not as yet. It has turned up occasionally on YouTube and the like.

This year's release of "The Honeymooners' Christmas Carol" completes the run of the later, standalone 1970's holiday specials, though, even though the G.E, special is still missing the two non-Honeymooners skits (and Gleason's "Great Entertainer" sponsor spots) in the second half.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
A couple of old CBS slides.

JackieGleasonCBSSlide.JPG

JackieGleasonShowCBSSlideBW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks