Where's a good place to purchase Paradigm Atom speakers??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveSpoon, May 3, 2002.

1. SteveSpoon

SteveSpoon Stunt Coordinator

We've (Dad and I) finally figured out which way to go with his basement speakers. We've been slowly putting together a system "down at the bar" and were having trouble trying to figure out which speakers to purchase.

We've decided on the Paradigm Atom speakers. We'll add a subwoofer later, but we think the Atom's will work out fine.....they are small and have received good reviews. They've got to sound better than the cheapo Realistic speakers from his 8 track player!!

Anyway, where is a good place to purchase these speakers? How much should they cost?

Thanks for all the help on this forum.....it's helped us out a lot.

Steve

2. Dean Mar

Dean Mar Stunt Coordinator

Steve
    I don't know where you live in Michigan. If you can get over to Windsor, Canada then a great place to buy Paradigm speakers is Live Wire Audio in Windsor.
    There website is www.livewireaudio.com . I have dealt with Bob and he will tell you everything you need to know in regards to getting the Candian tax refunded.

3. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

Definitely get to Canada if you can. I bought 4 Atoms, a CC170 center, and a PDR-10 sub for $995+Tax Canadian from Fairview Hifi in Burlington (near Hamilton). All of the tax is also refundable through Canadian customs. It would have cost me about $800-$850US plus tax for this setup. I probably saved about $300US by taking the 1 hour trip.

I believe retail for the Atoms is $239-$249/per pair, however, you may want to check out the Titans if you aren't going to be using a sub for a while. While the Atoms are more accurate than the Titan, I felt that the Titans performed better without a sub. I always listen to mine with the sub.

You will love either one you choose.