What's new

Where's a good place to get cables online? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
From what I've heard, monster cables are the way to go. I went to my local Ultimate and got a few different ones which were all quite expensive. I thought it'd be just as good to get them cheap online, so do you have any recommendations for the site to go to for cables?

Thanks.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to plug Wicked Cables. I just ordered a bunch of cables from them, him, actually. The company consists of one guy, Pat, who is an audio engineer who makes affordable cables on the side. I ordered online late Friday night (like midnight late) and Pat actually shot me an e-mail 10 mins later. We exchanged a couple e-mails, discussing some options and lengths and the cables shipped on Saturday afternoon after I told him I wanted them ASAP. He shipped them Priority Mail without tacking anything on to the $10 shipping charge. Granted, I haven't used the cabes yet :D but he offered the 'quality of component vs. price' value that I was looking for and I'm confident they will perform as well as some other, more expensive brands.

Lanny_B

Second Unit
Are all those popular sites Bob listed makers of their own custom cables? Or do they sell stuff like Monster Cables?
This is also something I'm trying to figure out.

Geno

Supporting Actor
Lanny, werent you buying a low budget HTIB? IMHO, save on cables until your equipment calls for it. go to Radio Shaq and get their cables.

If you want some awesmoe cables for cheap go with www.bluejeanscable.com they use belden 1694a cable and Canare connectors which is the same as some of the high priced cable companies and many consider better than all but the top of the line monster cables

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Lanny,

Most of those companies are using broadcast parts and canare crimp connectors. So the cables are built using parts and tools that anyone can buy and build the same cable.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks