What's new

Wherehouse Music Closing Sale... (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Not sure if this has already been mentioned or this just may be a regional thing??? but the Dallas area Wherehouse Music stores are closing. I had no idea of this until I walked by one at the mall this evening. All dvd's are 50% off and Music dvd's are 60% off. Cd's are also 50% off.

The ticketed price is the full retail price however, but still, I got some good deals I think:

dvd's
Sunset Boulevard $12.50
Beverly Hills Cop $12.50
My Best Friends Wedding: SE $12.50
A Walk To Remember $13.49

I love movie soundtracks and got these:
Chariots of Fire $6
Gladiator $8
Jerry Maguire $5
That Thing You Do $7

Not bad. One of the workers said stuff would probably be marked down to 70% off in a few days. Not much left but there are some good titles hanging there looking lonely.

Adan.S

Auditioning
Tim,

Did you notice if they are also discounting the used cds?

I've been wanting to stock up on some classical music cds and this would be the perfect opportunity.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
All Wherehouse Music stores I have seen are closing here in CA too. Everything was 40% off, even used CD's and DVD's. They were even selling the shelves and racks. Everything good was pretty much wiped out. Their original prices were about $26 for good movies and 40% off that stil isn't a knockout of a deal so I passed on whatever was left that was decent.

Adan.S

Auditioning
Thanks for the info guys. I'll stop by on my way home after work today and see what they have. A couple of good finds might be worth my time. I'm hoping that the kind of CDs I'm looking for won't exactly be popular items and that I'll have something to pick from.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Not all Wherehouse stores are closing. According to a press release that I found a link to on their Web site, they have closed 30 stores, are about to close 120 more, and will be keeping 250 stores open.

Wherehouse Entertainment, Inc. Files Chapter 11 to Achieve Capital Restructuring Initiatives

I really think they need to take a look at their CD pricing. I have not bought a new CD at the Wherehouse in over 10 years. Why spend money there when I can get the same titles a few blocks away at Best Buy and Circuit City for several dollars cheaper? Oh well, that's just how I see it. I hope their restructering is successful. I'd hate to see them go the way of Licorice Pizza, Music Plus, etc.

Adan.S

Auditioning
Well, I guess the Wherehouse Music I visited is one of the stores that isn't closing as their prices were as ridiculous as ever. I went to the location in Lewisville by the Vista Ridge Mall.

I can see why they are having to close some stores as there wasn't a single person in there when I got there.

Nathan A

Second Unit
thanks, adan- you just saved me a trip (that's the closest location for me)!

i don't really understand stores like this. I could maybe understand higher prices if they stocked an incredible selection, but whenever i used to go they seemed not to have the bands that i was looking for. it seems to me like their selection is only slightly better (if even) than best buy or circuit city.

EricWy

Auditioning
Adan,
The one at George Bush and Josey is closing. That's not too far from the Vista Ridge. The last time I checked in to that store it was a couple weeks ago and I didn't think the deals were that great since their prices are so high to begin with. I did want to try and buy one of those James Brown or Beethoven busts but they wouldn't sell those.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Also, the Greenville Ave and Skillman Rd. stores are closing. The ones in the mall (at least at Town East-Mesquite) was fairly picked over too. I think either Mon or Tues, the sale will be 70% off. Of course, the titles to choose from will be Action Jackson and Cooking with Martha Stewart. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks