What's new

Where would I find out about upgrades to the Sony DA5ES? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I know it can be upgraded, but I wanted to know where I could find out about new upgrades to the DA5ES. Is there a web page with the updates or what? I think I have verison 1.4.

James

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I don't have an answer as to where you can get upgrades, but I'm happy to tell you a good news -- your version 1.40 is still the latest. I got this info from the local Sony, although we call it in this part of the world as "VA555ES" (which is just a difference in naming).

Btw, why do you think your DA5ES might use an upgrade?

james e m

Second Unit
I don't think it needs an upgrade at all. I just want to make sure I hear about an upgrade that Sony is doing, be it now or in 5 years.

James

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I have version 1.4, too. I am hoping the next upgrade will change it so my Sat retains DPLII-Movie, and the CD retains DPLII-Music when I switch between them. Right now the "memory" only retains DPLII and you need to change the parameter to "music" or "Movie" as needed.

Anyone know?

Rob Jo.

Agent
Hi all,
hope you don't mind if I tack this on to this thread, since one of my questions about the DA5ES was about the software version.
After being on the phone with Sony for about and hour, I knew I should have saved some time and just come here for some answers. I know they have a lot of products to support but my goodness that was bad. Anyway, here's a few questions, if anyone has time.
1: Can you set up different speaker levels per sound field? In other words, if I wanted to have the sub be a little louder for movies vs music, can this be done?
2: If I'm listening to analog CD input and want to watch a video input at the same time, can this be done?
3: Is there a straight 5 channel stereo sound field?
4: I saw an earlier thread where someone said they had version 1.4 of the internal software. I just got my unit last week and it's version 1.3. Is there anywhere on the net where you can get the newest version or at least a list of what has been upgraded with the different versions. The Sony people I talked with was under the impression this unit could not be upgraded and thought I was from Mars for suggesting that it could. :)

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I want to keep this thread clean so an upgrade does not get buried in tangents (one, I apparently started), so I started a new DA5ES Tweaks Thread .
...guess what... I think I fixed the DPLII issue...
Quick answers to above:
1 No you can't, but that would be nice. Maybe try an EQ setting and boost the lowest bass parameters for L/C/R. At least that is just one button you can turn on and off, and it may be that EQs follow the inputs you choose.
2 It should be easy... maybe the audio split button?
3 Yes, it is called mulit/2CH direct on the surrond menu. It only works with analog inputs.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I bought mine 1 month ago and I think it is version 1.3( not currently at home). That would really stink if I dont have recent version. I guess I will have to contact Sony.

Rob Jo.

Agent
Good luck Dan. I did contact Sony. I talked with tech support and with the parts people. Both tried to put me off on the other and both basically were trying to tell me that the DA5ES doesn't have any software in it. When I tried to explain that I'm sure it's a flash eprom upgrade, well, then it just got bizarre....LOL...Anyway, if you do find out something, please let us know.

thanks,

Rob

Rob Jo.

Agent
Thanks Warren for the reply,

I should have made myself clearer, sorry. I was looking for something similar to Denon's 5ch stereo. It takes a two channel signal and basically spreads it around to all 5 speakers, I guess without all added DSP effects.

thanks,

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks