What's new

Where to start looking... (1 Viewer)

Javal

Grip
Real Name
Jason
Hey all... need some desparate help on where to start looking for information on speaker brands and what to look for.

Went down to box stores like Bestbuy, Soundsurround, etc and they are showing Polk Audio RTI series and NTX. They say that these are their top brands but that doesn't mean they are good.

Any help would be appreciated... putting together 7.1 surround system.

Planning on powering using a Denon receiver however, have not settled on a model yet.

Thanks

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
One of the best subwoofer manufacturers also makes great speakers. They are online only, so no way to listen, except to order them. They have a great return policy, if you don't like them, but you won't return them.......
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

SVSound - Complete Systems

Javal

Grip
Real Name
Jason
Thanks.... is there any independant reviews out there for these? The room I have is 32' by 15', however, plan to use 18' by 15' section for the theater system... will these fill the area with good sound and not just load muffled sound?

Any other suggestions or does anyone know anything about NTX or Polkaudio that the sales people are trying to sell me?

Thanks again.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I agree with Ed on this one. And no, you won't get a room of muffled sound with SVS. Their speakers got a great review in Home Theater magazine(not sure about which issue) and their customer service is second to none. You would not be unhappy with them and I'm sure lots of people on this forum would agree.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Usually, Jason, in a thread like this...it's a good idea to post a $$$ figure for a budget (on the speakers) so people have some sort of idea what to suggest.

Like anything else, price makes a difference. I know if I could afford it, I'd be upgrading my system before the close of business today!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

And...welcome to the forum! :emoji_thumbsup:

Javal

Grip
Real Name
Jason
How are the tower speakers from SVS... would they be better suited for my room size of 32' x 15' (18'x15' used for theater viewing)?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
It's going to be a matter of personal taste and budget. I'm sure their bookshelf speakers will put out more than enough sound, to fill a room that size.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Definitely post a budget. There are too many options out there for people to throw out without having a budget in mind.

A few examples (in no particular order):
1 - Ascend Acoustics
2 - B&W (Bowers & Wilkins)
3 - Paradigm
4 - Definitive Technology
5 - AV123
6 - Klipsch

All of these companies, in addition to SVS, make very good speakers at various price points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajidjadoonisbb
Recent bookmarks