where to put xbox

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by John Avanti, Feb 14, 2004.

1. John Avanti

John Avanti Auditioning

My son just asked me on our soon to be home theater, where is the x box going to go (this is his only concern[​IMG] ) but you know it's not a bad question so I figured I'd ask you guys. where going with front proj and all the comp will be in the back of the room approx 10 ft from proj,How do the controls reach the sitting area?I am hiding all wires behind crown moulding from proj to comp.The room is carpeted. What setup would you guys recommend. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Mike_Skeway

Mike_Skeway Second Unit

If the cables on the controllers are too short, you can get extensions for them. As for the video/audio, you can use any length if you have the Advanced AV or HD pack, or extensions if you do not. Any way you do it, you should be able to put it wherever works best without much problem.

3. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

What about wireless (make sure they are RF not IR!) controllers?

4. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

I use the extensions but I must say that the Xbox controller cables are pretty long on their own. Perhaps a foot or two longer than the standard Gamecube controllers.

5. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

I have my XBOX included with the rest of my components. I use MADCATZ Wireless Controllers that work perfectly. Check my site below for my component configuration and wireless controller location.

6. Mike_Skeway

Mike_Skeway Second Unit

I had to use the extensions, my XBOX sits too far from where I sit. I didn’t want to go wireless. The standard ones are long, but not always long enough. [​IMG]

7. John Dickerson

The wireless controllers are great for what you want. The only problem is they're kinda expensive. I think for a good one they are about $45 each

8. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

I needed quite a long run to my xbox and since I play on XBL, wireless wasn't an option.

So I went and bought extension cables (they were under 5 bucks for each one) and with the 7 foot extension cable and the 9 foot cable that MS xbox controllers come with it worked out perfect.

Also depending which extension cables you buy, you can daisy chain the extensions together to up to 25 feet before you might start losing controller sensitivity. My friend has a 30 foot run and the controllers work awesome still, also his cable is long enough that he was able to run it through the conduit going to his FPJ from his AV rack so when he wants to play he just pulls out his controllers and connects them overhead at the FPJ and when he's done he just unplugs and puts them away. Anyway hope this helps.

cheers,

Zed

9. Merimac Hamwich

Merimac Hamwich Stunt Coordinator

Xbox controller cable extensions. [​IMG] Madcatz make some.