What's new

Where to put three 10" subs in one box! (1 Viewer)

Hey, so as this is my first DIY sub for my first home theater system my expectations aren't too high. I have three old Bose 601 subs. With their cross overs. Some questions: 1) I plan on putting all three subs in the same box, is this cool? 2) I only have two cross overs so can I wire two subs to the one cross over? 3) In a rectangular box, where would be the best place to put the subs? Right now there are holes for two one at a 45 angle on the top, one 3/4 of the way down on the front side.... I don't think that there is room for the second on the front.

4) Can or should I buy cross overs and set each sub to a different level of Hz? How much will this cost me?

5) Do I have ANY idea what I am talking about?

Thanks for the help guys!

Ron Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
The impedance seen by the crossover will be different than what it was designed for, so the crossover point will be different. You should design a new crossover. Are you going to parallel all 3 drivers? This will give you less than 4 ohms, and may present a problem for your amp. You may wish to use just 2 of the drivers in parallel, giving you 4 ohms. The best way to cross over a sub is to use an active crossover ahead of you amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks