What's new

Where to put projector and screen in rented home (1 Viewer)

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
I'm helping a friend set up an Ampro 2000D 7" CRT projector in his family room for watching movies at night. They are renting the house and they have 3 small children, which affects what can and cannot be done. He assumes that the projector cannot be ceiling mounted because it would involve to much damage to the ceiling, although it may be possible to hang a screen from the ceiling. Let me know if you know of a way to do this without significant damage.
There is a ceiling fan in the center of the room.
It seems that the best solution given these constraints would be to place the projector on a table against a wall or in the middle of the room and either use a portable screen or hang a screen from the ceiling or mount a screen to the wall. None of these seem very good given the layout of the room, so I'm asking what you would recommend.
Below is a picture of the room space. It is roughly 12 feet wide and 25 feet long.
room.jpg

Matt

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I second the idea of placing the projector on top of a high (and deep) shelf or shelf unit where it cannot be acessed by little fingers. You can use adjustable feet to angle the unit to achieve the correct results on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks