Where to put my receiver $

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by wally, Jul 19, 2001.

1. wally

wally Second Unit

I hear that if you wait till you can afford a boat, you will never buy one. I'm starting to think the same applies to HT. I was about to jump into a Sony DB 840 when I noticed that Crutchfield no longer carries it. I guess a model changeover. Then I noticed that they had a new model DB 1070 that has 6.1 inputs (that adds a center rear to 5.1 right?) My question, enough of an upgrade to go for; can I use the Sony DVD 360 and take advantage of the 6.1 input with the 1070? I have Polk RM 5400 speakers.
    Then I see 7.1 mentioned here. What's that? My brain/wallet hurts.
    Thanks,
    wally

2. EddieN

EddieN Agent

7.1 means there will be 2 rears instead of one rear center channel, I think it's used in the DTS-EX format and others. Are you dead set on a Sony ? not that sony is bad or anything, I have the STR-DE845 and I feel I made that purchase in error, wish I would've gotten a denon or something with more BA-BING to it.
    ------------------
    - Eddie

3. Carol Curtis

Carol Curtis Stunt Coordinator

I just got a Crutchfield Catalog & they had the DB model you were after but no price. It said SPECIAL PURCHASE and to call for the price. Maybe they stll have them? I would call them or email them if you still want that model.