What's new

Where to put my receiver $ (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
I hear that if you wait till you can afford a boat, you will never buy one. I'm starting to think the same applies to HT. I was about to jump into a Sony DB 840 when I noticed that Crutchfield no longer carries it. I guess a model changeover. Then I noticed that they had a new model DB 1070 that has 6.1 inputs (that adds a center rear to 5.1 right?) My question, enough of an upgrade to go for; can I use the Sony DVD 360 and take advantage of the 6.1 input with the 1070? I have Polk RM 5400 speakers.
Then I see 7.1 mentioned here. What's that? My brain/wallet hurts.
Thanks,
wally

EddieN

Agent
7.1 means there will be 2 rears instead of one rear center channel, I think it's used in the DTS-EX format and others. Are you dead set on a Sony ? not that sony is bad or anything, I have the STR-DE845 and I feel I made that purchase in error, wish I would've gotten a denon or something with more BA-BING to it.
------------------
- Eddie

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a Crutchfield Catalog & they had the DB model you were after but no price. It said SPECIAL PURCHASE and to call for the price. Maybe they stll have them? I would call them or email them if you still want that model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks