Where to purchase Panasonic DVD-RP82 ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kirk Gunn, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Tough to find in any local B&M's or online. Crutchfield is the only reputable e-tailer I've found with stock, but w/shipping comes to ~240.00 !!!! I've seen Amazon referenced in some threads, but this morning's search yielded "Product not in stock or discontinued".

Any purchasing suggestions ?
    Thanks !

2. DougR

DougR Second Unit

Just checked OneCall.com and it's in Stock for $206/shipped .
    Here it is

3. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Duplicate

4. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

B&H Photo and J&R have it for the same price mentioned above. I got mine from J&R with no problem.

5. Reece

Reece Stunt Coordinator

I second the J&R route. Ordered the cp72 (rp82 with changer)and just got mine delivered a couple of days ago with a $30 rebate to boot. No problems.

6. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Thanks folks - I ended up calling Onecall since the "New Customer" portion of their site was experiencing difficulties.

Is the 30.00 rebate via an included form that the dealer needs to send you ? Onecall's website indicated the rebate on the 72,but not the 82. Panasonic's website mentions a rebate only for the DVD-CV37, DVD-CV52K, DVD-CP67K, DVD-CP67S, DVD-CP72K, DVD-CP72S. Perhaps it's expired ?

Thanks again

7. DougR

DougR Second Unit

I don't believe the 82 has a Rebate ?

8. Reece

Reece Stunt Coordinator

I first downloaded a pdf copy of the rebate from Onecall when I was looking for the best price, but when I received my order from J&R it came stapled to the receipt anyway.

I just looked at the receipt and your right about the rp82 not getting the rebate. I guess they think that the rp82 is so popular that it doesn't need a rebate to sell. The rebate itself is good till April 2003 though.

Since they are roughly the same player and if the rebate is important, you might consider the 72. I'm still playing with it but I can tell you now that it is a solid piece of equipment and I'm very pleased with what I've seen thus far.

In the end either choice will be a good one.

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Has anyone compared the sound quality of the 'CP72 and 'RP82, particularly with DVD-Audio discs? Conventional wisdom says that at a similar price, a single-disc player sounds better than a changer, and I wonder if that applies here.