What's new

Where to purchase Norah Jones SACD in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
The Norah Jones SACD will be released on Tuesday, so does anyone know where I can purchase it in Toronto?

I don't see it listed on the Futureshop or Amazon.ca website, and I somehow doubt that I will find it on the shelves at HMV this Tuesday.

Also, what's the Canadian price for this? The CD can be had for $13.99 CAD, so I hope the SACD's pricing is within range.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
Also, what's the Canadian price for this? The CD can be had for $13.99 CAD, so I hope the SACD's pricing is within range.
A&B Sound in Vancouver lists it for $22.99. Their prices are as good as you'll find anywhere.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
A&B Sound in Vancouver lists it for $22.99. Their prices are as good as you'll find anywhere.
Thanks for the info.

Noticed the price difference between the CD and SACD on Amazon.com was $1... a $9 CAD price difference is a tad much.

SACD hybrids won't be replacing CDs anytime soon... not at that price.

Now to decide if I should bite or just pick up the CD instead.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say wait for the reviews. It's a pretty well-engineered recording to start with, so I'd be surprised if the SACD sound quality will be so superior to the CD as to warrant the "upgrade" price.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Is this thing delayed again?

Amazon.com and DV-Depot.com have it listed as a June 10th release date. I also heard about a couple other sites with the same date.

Anyone know for sure?

How many date changes has this had already? Is this thing ever gonna come out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks