where to purchase airplane tickets?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Jul 28, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

we need to purchase 2 way tickets from chicago to jakarta. the flight should depart on nov 28 this year.

please recommend me a place that sells airplane tickets cheaper. i dont know whether this question makes sense or not, but personally i like singapore airlines and cathay pacific...or perhaps japan airlines.

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I searched for two weeks on the internet. Watching prices change from day to day on the same sites. The cheapest flight I had from VA to CA had FIVE connections. But then all of a sudden I found hotwire.com. I put in my dates and they were only about $40 more than the flight with five connections (this fight has one in Dallas) and about $60 cheaper than the next cheapest. I booked right then. I did attempt to use priceline but for some reason I never followed thru. Can't remember why but I just didn't.

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

I have had good luck with www.orbitz.com for international flights. You might want to give them a look also.
    Kenneth

4. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

kenneth, thanks for that. i will try to visit the site.