What's new

Where to purchase acoustic panels at lowest cost? (1 Viewer)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I'm hoping to get some help or get pointed in the right direction for my next media room purchase - acoustical panels / bass traps. But I'm not looking to spend a grand for these items either and since I'm not the most handy person around, I'd rather not DIY them. So I'm looking for the cheapest ones I can get that still look okay. Nothing fancy - some dark gray fabric covered panels would suffice.
Any suggestions?

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
Check out ATS Acoustics. I got all of mine from there, very fast shipping, no problems, and very reasonably priced. They have a ton of different colors as well. IIRC, it was about $38 bucks for a 2' x 4' x 2" panel.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Thanks. I did find some of their auctions on ebay and checked out their website. It does appear they make a decent product at a nice cost. And I like the look of some of their "designer" materials. I guess I will give them a call today.
It doesn't look like they do bass traps unless I just missed it. So I will check with GIK regarding those. While they are more expensive, from what I've read, the thicker and better made they are, the more I'm going to get out of them.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Just wanted to update anyone who might be curious how this turned out - the panels I got from ATS were very nice. Very good quality and easy to mount. There was a little bit of a delay in my order getting shipped but I think that was primarily because I had two special custom sizes. Still, they were 4 days later than the date they told me originally. Not a big deal but I was a little frustrated.
What a difference they have made though. Wow. Watched Dark Knight Blu-ray last night and the difference was so noticeable, I couldn't believe it. I guess I didn't realize the echoes and reverbs my room was producing until I put something up to help control them.
Thumbs up for ATS Acoustics.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad it worked out for you. It's amazing how much difference acoustic panels make.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks