What's new

Where to order (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered the Akira tin MONTHS in advance just to have buy.com completely flake out on me and not deliver. I think the same thing happened at Amazon as well.
Does anyone have experiences with other outfits that actually delivered on ltd edition pre-orders? I'm ordering Susperia and want to make sure that I'm actually going to get something.
chris

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
For limited editions, use either http://www.800.com
Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I order exclusively from DVDEmpire. I had no problem getting an Akira tin, a WickerMan box, or any other limited edition item I've ordered from them. Their customer sevice is outstanding, incase you ever need it (they've got above and beyond with some defective discs I've gotten).
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I second DVDEmpire, they are fantastic. I've used them since dumping Amazon for various reasons.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
800 and Dvd Empire are outstanding; I've had extremely good luck with Deep Discount Dvd . Even Amazon has been reliable for me. Suncoast and Best Buy have also come through, but I don't use them often as they charge sales tax. Dvd Planet has good, sometimes excellent, prices, although some people complain about their service when things go awry.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV
[Edited last by alan halvorson on September 02, 2001 at 04:55 PM]

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Another endorsement of DVDEmpire. They've gotten every limited edition I've ordered to me on schedule.
Use the neat pre-order manager with discretion to keep your shipments organized by date, and I've found you get everything on schedule. (I always use the hold for complete order option.)
(Although, for some odd reason, their site does seem to crash my PC regularly, it's not often enough to create a significant problem.)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Over the past four years I have purchased more than 1000 DVDs from Laser's Edge with flawless service. On time and zero errors. Not the absolute lowest prices, but very competitive. Service is likely unequaled. I pre-order 90% of titles I purchase. See their ad on top of the software page on HTF.
http://www.lasersedge.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks