What's new

Where to live? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Really??? That's all? Hell I can't get a fixer upper without a garage around here for that.
A while ago I saw a condo for only $200k.....in the tiny print I finally found what I was looking for...Less than 150 sq. ft
Thanks for the tip! I thought SB was expensive
Cheers!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Remember, there is a reason why they are cheap....you buy for $150k and 20 years later you sell your little nestegg for $145k

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I think you're going to have to face a trade-off. I've lived in a lot of places, and while California is expensive, you're not going to find the same combination of weather and girls anywhere else. Why the hell do you think housing costs so much. I had to leave California because of the cost of housing, and I'm happy and found a beautiful wife, but overall, the average woman is less beautiful, and the average weather is less pleasant.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If you are only truly interested in warm climate, beautiful (and hot) women and cheap, Caracas, Venezuela is the place.

Be advised that the current political situation is a bit iffy and there is a substantial amount of violent crime.

In the States, Austin has Sixth Street, one of the best places for live music anywhere. It is only cheap in comparison to California, however (unless you care to live in a student ghetto). And like all major college towns, it has a pretty good overall vibe.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sydney is not cheap, but the climate is perfect and there are a ton of beaches, many topless.

Staying in Australia, Adelaide is pretty cheap in comparison, has a perfect climate, lots of beaches (my wife and I used to just walk across the street and go swimming most evenings (winter excepted). Plus you live in one of the great wine growing regions of the world.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Please don't move to Fresno. Housing prices here have been driven sky high by equity refugees from the SF and Southern Calif area.

My 1400 sq ft condo in an older part of town has gone up from 43k to 80k in value in the last 3 or 4 years. New 2400 sq ft houses in the best area start at 340k. New 1400 sq ft houses in a bit less prestigious area are 180k. The latter would have been 100k a couple of years ago.

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
It will be tough to beat SB, Joe. I hate to say it, but you'll probably have to settle for much less if you move. Here in San Diego property is less expensive, and the female selection is probably as good, but the Santa Barbara area is numero uno overall, no doubt.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
San Diego has beautiful women, but...

It also has the worst ratio of single men to single women (in their 20s & 30s) of any city in the nation, with 3 men for every 2 women.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Another vote for Austin Tx. Great weather, 6th street, which has any kind of club you could want, college town, very affordable housing, no state income tax. It's a great place, I lived there for several years.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

The Midwest if it had good weather.

I love San Francisco and it would be very hard to move away. I moved to England for 2 years and just about went nuts, luckily I kept my place.
I knew too many people who moved to Austin when Lockheed opened a plant there to ever recommend it.
Most were happy to leave the Bay Area and 'cash out' and make big bucks. When I talked to them after they moved back, it was the dumbest thing they ever did. They lost huge amounts on their place in Austin and were getting killed renting when they came back.
Most could never afford to buy again.

Devin U

Second Unit
Vegas, no dobt about it. Or Scottsdale/Phoenix area works too. Hope you wont miss the beach too much.

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
"San Diego has beautiful women, but...

It also has the worst ratio of single men to single women (in their 20s & 30s) of any city in the nation, with 3 men for every 2 women."

Well, I never noticed that statistic. I guess if your at the bottom of the food chain something like that would matter. :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well obviously lots of guys find women in San Diego. The only point is, it's harder with 3 guys for every 2 women. Obviously the rich and good looking guys have no problems. Given my record while living there, I guess I'm what you'd call the bottom of the food chain. Of course, I'd have a hard time getting a date if I was the only male at an all female college. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks