What's new

Where to live? (1 Viewer)

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I currently live in Santa Barbara, CA. where the average home price is about $850,000. I own my own business, and I am 30 years old and single. I am looking for a fun town, that is cheaper to live in. I would prefer warmer weather most of the time. Also good looking girls helps.

John Gates

Second Unit
Medellin, Colombia. :)

Birmingham, Alabama (where I live) is also very nice. A surprising diamond in the rough. Medium sized city 2 hours from Atlanta with wonderful restaurants, lots of colleges, surprisingly metropolitan.

I bought a 2900 SF house on a golf course for $200K and my property taxes are ~$750 per year.

:D

John

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Joe, with the exception of real estate prices, it looks like you're already where you want to be. A lot of people would love to live in SB. But after doing so much freelance work onsite in SB, I could go a lifetime without ever going there again.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
You could live anywhere, except do NOT live underneath that monstrous boulder that's balancing gingerly on top of a narrow rock column!!

Seriously, have you ever considered Canada?? you get some advantage with your dollar, housing is cheap ($250k in Calgary for an avg type house) great town to live in (i'm 31 and single, and there's lots to offer here for me). The only thing is, it's quite a bit colder than SB. Today it's +6, which in farenheit would be about 40?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Let's see... warm, CONSIDERABLY cheaper than California, good looking girls, beaches, lower cost of living, NO STATE INCOME tax... South Florida!

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Joe - Do you own a house in Santa B now? If so, what would it sell for (how much capital you have for a new house)? Are you going to sell your business, or will it moe with you?

And of course: what do you want out of this move? Affordable housing, city culture, a big open ranch for horses, place to raise a family, or hotter chicks? If you can't find enough hot chicks in Santa Barbara though, I wouldn't know where else to send you :D

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Pennsylvania can be a cheap place in which to live. An excellent house around here goes for 150-200k. However, winters can get very cold (averaging single digit low's for the last week). Also, I live in a rather low income community and the gals are slim picking. The gals in the cities aren't bad, but again, you have the climate...

Just giving you a little idea of where you probably want to avoid given the specifics you've listed. :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
What about FL, somewhere on the coast? maybe Miami or somewhere else in Southern FL? housing would be much cheaper down here and it is usually pretty warm around here except that it cools down a little in Winter.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
On a side note, my brother lives in Fla. and works at Seaworld (artist). He moved there from Pa. and absolutely loves it.

The other day, while it was about 8º here, he told me he was going to the beach in shorts and a tee to read a book. :angry:

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, thanks for all of the suggestions. South Florida sounds like it might be the place to go. I do not own a house here, which is one of the main reasons I want to move. I will be moving the business with me, but it may or may not work out, which means I may have to get another job in sales. The girls here are definitely amazing, but it is a small town, and if you meet a new girl, chances are you or one of your friends has gotten together with her, or one of her friends. What are some good towns in Florida?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
You can move to Albuquerque. . .cheap houses, warm weather. . .but no beach and maybe not that hot chicks (I don't know, I'm female).

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
Austin. Warm weather, hot chicks, some good restaurants, great party scene and your dollar will go a lot further than CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks