Where to get the DA4ES for a decent price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan DC, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Ryan DC

Ryan DC Agent

Hi guys!
    After months of debating on which receiver to get based on reviews and opinions on this board and others I have come down to this one.
    The problem I am having on getting this receiver is that certain online dealers are giving me the run around. When I tell them that I have found a lower price and wondering if they would match it they seem to give me bs tactics. One site even mentions that they have a price match guarantee but twice their sales people have not honored their guarantee. They also stop responding to my e-mails after I give them the quoted price from another dealers site that are authorised to sell ES.
    The only places I seem to be able to find the 4es for a reasonable price are www.sammans.com at $640 shipped and www.onecall.com will match pretty close to that. Also www.reliableaudiovideo.com is around $640 as well. But the problem is I dont know how well their service is compared to others like www.jandr.com. Has anyone ever dealt with sammans or reliable? If so could you please give me your feedback on your dealings with them. I don't really want to order from onecall because they're located in Washington and I'm in North Carolina and don't want to take the chance of shipping damages.
    I would greatly appreciate your guys input on this as I have waited so long on choosing this receiver and now am having problems getting online dealers honoring their price matching guarantees.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking the the same reciever from both ONECALL and Relaible. I've dealt with ONECALL before and there the best. Relaible has great prices but don't know much about them. I'm also considering Onkyo 800 and Yammy 2300 models.Good luck.orange

3. Greg Schwabacher

Greg Schwabacher Stunt Coordinator

I got my 'DA4ES from Oade for $720 shipped. I have nothing but great things to say about them...fast service, great support, and no run-around. They might even go lower than that price if you ask, but I didn't try. Oade also has a good return policy; I've heard others who were pleased with Sammans' service but I think their return policy is very strict. I've also had very good experiences ordering from J&R (I got my 'DA50ES from them) and OneCall (TC-KA2ES), so if they give you a good price I'd go for it. In fact, the first cassette deck I ordered from OneCall was damaged and they replaced it without any problems.

One other place you could try is Sound City; I got my CDP-CX333ES CD changer from them several years ago for a very good price.

4. Shannon W

Shannon W Stunt Coordinator

5. terence

terence Supporting Actor

A friend and I orderd from Reliable and we had a great experience with them. We both got ours for 700.00 shipped back in August. Their shipping was top notch, the ES came in a x-tra box with the little popcorn shipping stuff all around it. The must important thing was the customer service was great.[​IMG]
    I would order from them again in the future should i need to, so give them a shot.[​IMG]

6. HaryR

HaryR Extra

I got mine shipped from sammans for $615, 2 weesk ago. Ask for Moe.

They are an authorized dealer so i would suggest to stay away from Ebay as Sony would typically not honor the 5 year warranty on the ES line.

Good luck.

Hary

7. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Ryan, although a price of $650 sounds very good, make sure you buy from an authorized source. I recently purchased the 4ES from Good Guys for $799 including all taxes. I know I paid about $60 more than some online sources but Good Guys are authorized Sony ES dealers so that gives me an added peace of mind should I need any upgrades or bug fixes.

8. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

On sammans site it says "for local customers only" under the Sony receivers. Does that mean they don't ship out of state.

9. Ryan DC

Ryan DC Agent

Thanks for your help guys! keep them coming [​IMG]
    From what I have seen on this forum and a response from sammans is that they're a LOCAL authorised retailer but NOT an authorised INTERNET retailer. That and they only accept returns that are not opened and you are subject to a 10% restocking fee which Greg has already pointed out.
    I'll give oade a try but I don't think they'll go lower than $720. I checked soundcity's site and they dont seem to carry the ES line.
    The reason I'm kinda leary about reliable is I have seen customer feedback saying that they have gotten open boxes from them when they were supposed to be new and sealed. Terence did you happen to notice if the box has been opened before when you first got it? That and they dont seem to be a authorised retailer for ES.
    Nick Thanks for the suggestion of buying only from authorised places. Is sony pretty strict now about buying these receivers online? Unfortunately my town or any other place in this state does not have a good guys.
    Jo_M they do indeed ship out of their state. I live in NC and with shipping price included it comes to $640.
    If anyone else has a better place to buy this receiver for a great price of under $650 please reply.
    I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to read and respond to my post.

10. Greg Schwabacher

Greg Schwabacher Stunt Coordinator

Ryan, Jo-
    There's a distinction between internet sales and phone sales. Some places aren't Sony-authorized internet dealers and therefore won't offer ES units for sale on the internet (either they'll say "local sale only" like Sammans, or they won't show them available at all like Sound City). However, just because of this, don't assume that they won't ship an ES unit to you if you call them. I'm pretty sure this is the case with Samman's, Sound City, and J&R, among others.

11. HaryR

HaryR Extra

just a percision: that was $600 + $15 shipping. You may even try if they would do a little lower ($575?).

Anyways, their shipping was top notch as well. The ES came in an extra box only 3 days after I had ordered it.

Their rep (Moe) was really easy to deal with (he said, I 'm quoting: "how much do you want to pay for it?").

They had proposed me the same price for the onkyo SR700.

Ciao,