What's new

Where to get the best price on a 36" XBR450. (1 Viewer)

Tod

Agent
Hello,
I have decided to go for a 36" XBR 450. Now my BIG question is where to get the best price on one from a factory authorized seller...
I have noticed that Circuit City's price is $2499.00. I know it would be nice to get it from a local retailer (especially if I have any problems with the TV) but I'm not willing to spend several hundred more $$ for that advantage. I am hoping to get it from a reputable factory authorized seller out of state (no sales tax).
Any suggestions?
Thanks (in advance) for all replys!
-T

RaulT

Auditioning
Tod,
This doesn't answer your question, but my local authorized dealer sold me the set for $2399 (Includes delivery and set up)..

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
In your process of pricing, be sure to give One Call a call at 1-800-340-4770.
I just received my new Sony Wega KV-32FS12 from them today, and they had the best "delivered" price. I had purchased my previous TV from them, as well as a VCR, all of which have been no problems.
NOTE: Their shipping price is relatively low for a big TV, and especially low for an extreme discounter. However, this is because it is not a "white gloves/red carpet" delivery. The guy in the big rig won't bring the box in your house, and how close to your door it gets depends on your driveway, path, low branches crossing your street, etc. You'll probably need a strong friend or two, or do what I did and get the local Sony repair guy to help you, and he can check out the set at the same time. One Call does not allow returns of sets that are not visibly damaged, so if there is problems, the Sony repair guy would also get the warranty job anyway, so it saves you an extra visit from him to assess it in that event.
In my case, it all works fine. Now, I have to tame all the Joe Sixpack settings. :)

Tod

Agent
Brian,
They're out now! The 40"XBR700 is supposed to come out Oct./Nov. of this year.
I decided to purchase my 36" XBR450 from Soundcity.com. Their price is $2150.00 delivered. I got them to throw in In-House delivery as well for the same price.
Thanks for all the replys! Now I just have to be patient while I wait for a truck to drive cross-country before I'll have it!
-T

Tod, I just went to soundcity.com's website, and I didn't see anything made by Sony offered there. Are you sure it was soundcity.com that you got your set from?
Robert

Tod

Agent
Robert,
They do carry most Sony A/V products. I rarely see these items posted on their web site but they've had exactly what I wanted the two times I've called them on the phone to order a Sony item (Once I got a Sony 300-disc CD-changer and then more recently, the XBR450).
I spoke with "Matt" at extension 725. You can just use their 800 number, (800-370-3156).
-T

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,
I don't know if your open to buying online but you might check it out. I went to an online price comparison site and did a search for the product I was interested in. It will give you about 4 or 5 choices showing the prices. I saved about $1400 off the list cash price of a Pioneer Elite 510Pro by buying online and that includes in home extended warranty. It was delivered in 4 working days in mint condition. Check it out.
www.pricescan.com
Jerry
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread