Where to get Sony service manual for multisystem TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stuart Connell, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Stuart Connell

Stuart Connell Auditioning

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum, but some people here can hopefully help.

As Brits living in the US we have several DVDs and videos from the UK and therefore have a multi-system VCR, DVD player and TV. The TV is 2 years old, Sony KV-XF25M61 (I think the M50 is pretty much the same) and it died just before Christmas. Our neighborhood electronic repair place can't interpret the diagnostic codes without a system manual, and Sony US doesn't seem to know anything about multi-system TVs. Since it's a rather expensive, unappealing looking box if it doesn't work can anyone help with where to find a service manual?

Thanks a lot for any help that you can give.
    Isobel Connell

2. Petteri

Petteri Extra

I'd suggest getting in contact with SONY in the country where your set is sold as a normal TV. I don't think it should be a problem. I had a similar problem, but involving a car. HONDA USA had no problem sending to Europe some documents regaring my car, where as HONDA France hadn't a clue.

3. Stuart Connell

Stuart Connell Auditioning

Thank you for the reply.

I did contact Sony Singapore, since apparently the TV was imported from Singapore. They are "unable to provide customer with the service manual". I'm trying now to contact various other Sony sites. It seems as if I have to do each country individually. I'm really not getting a nice warm feeling about Sony!!!