1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get replacements for Snapper DVD cases?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roderick Gauci, May 3, 2002.

1. Roderick Gauci

Roderick Gauci Stunt Coordinator

I have recently acquired seven Charlie Chaplin DVDs (released by Image Entertainment) with four more still on the way or backordered. All these discs (as was the custom with all Image titles at the time) are packaged in the unpopular Snapper case, and unfortunately the hub (which holds the disc in its place) of two of them was broken beyond repair!

I would like to know whether replacements for Snapper cases can be found anywhere. The thing is the Chaplin DVDs are effectively out-of-print so brand new copies of these discs are very hard to come by. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the same thing would not happen again with the new discs!

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    That's a good question. I got rid of a couple of Warner titles a long time back but I made sure I kept the snappers. I have yet to see them on sale anywhere.

3. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

4. Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson Stunt Coordinator

Where do you send them to? I have a couple broken hubs as well.

5. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I got about 100 of them from a rentail store. Most swap them out with Keep Cases. Ask the manager to keep a few for you the next time they do. I've also seen them on Ebay from time to time for about $2 each.

6. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Don't return them to Warner. Return them to Ivy Hill Corp., the company that makes them.

Remove the cardboard part of the snapper and keep it somewhere safe (the thin plastic strips at the top and bottom of the back of the case unsnap). Then send the plastic tray to:

Ivy Hill Corp.

375 Hudson St., # 701

New York, NY 10014-3680