What's new

Where to get replacements for Snapper DVD cases? (1 Viewer)

Roderick Gauci

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently acquired seven Charlie Chaplin DVDs (released by Image Entertainment) with four more still on the way or backordered. All these discs (as was the custom with all Image titles at the time) are packaged in the unpopular Snapper case, and unfortunately the hub (which holds the disc in its place) of two of them was broken beyond repair!

I would like to know whether replacements for Snapper cases can be found anywhere. The thing is the Chaplin DVDs are effectively out-of-print so brand new copies of these discs are very hard to come by. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the same thing would not happen again with the new discs!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
That's a good question. I got rid of a couple of Warner titles a long time back but I made sure I kept the snappers. I have yet to see them on sale anywhere.

James D S

Screenwriter
All these discs (as was the custom with all Image titles at the time) are packaged in the unpopular Snapper case, and unfortunately the hub (which holds the disc in its place) of two of them was broken beyond repair!
Roderick, you must be mistaken. Snappers do not break during shipping. Their hubs are a marvel of modern technology.
:)
You can always send it back to Warner. They will replace your case free of charge.
DigitalEyes.Com used to have replacements for sale, but that source has since dried up.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I got about 100 of them from a rentail store. Most swap them out with Keep Cases. Ask the manager to keep a few for you the next time they do. I've also seen them on Ebay from time to time for about $2 each.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Don't return them to Warner. Return them to Ivy Hill Corp., the company that makes them.

Remove the cardboard part of the snapper and keep it somewhere safe (the thin plastic strips at the top and bottom of the back of the case unsnap). Then send the plastic tray to:

Ivy Hill Corp.

375 Hudson St., # 701

New York, NY 10014-3680

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks