What's new

Where to get Monster Xbox component adapter? (1 Viewer)

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard there is a Xbox adapter similiar to the Microsoft HD pack. Where can you get it online and how much?

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see anything from Monster that had both component video and optical audio. Do they make it? The closest I could see was Monster components and analog stereo on the adapter.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Tim, the Monster Cables for the Xbox have a special connector for the optical connection. I'll find a picture of it...

-Dan B.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here is an article that explains the cable and has some pictures of it:
Link Removed
-Dan B.

Be careful guys.......check out XBOXAddict.com for further details on this, but:

It seems as if some people's XBOX's did not detect the Monster kits as being Dolby Digital enabled.....so no option came up in dashboard to select DD 5.1 or DTS.....

Just an FYI.....

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The Monster adapter is shitty. A friend of mine tried THREE of them, but the XBox wouldn't recognize the digital connection and allow him to select DD 5.1. He finally got the Microsoft cable and it worked fine.

Dan Clark

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine tried out both the Monster hi-def cable and Microsoft's and found he preferred the Microsoft solution which is 1/3 the price of Monsters. YMMV of course...try em both if you can.

David Proud

Stunt Coordinator
I think Monster cable is overpriced, but for video performance is this the best solution right now for the xbox?

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Maybe the Monster cable does give the best picture for some folks, but if a lot of people can't get it to work at all with their X-Box, then I question the quality of it.

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO as long as you use decent quality component cables with the MS HD pack, there is no advantage to the Monster component adapter as far as video goes. My problem is I only have 1 optical input into my DD/DTS pre/pro. I bought the $10 optical splitter from RS which is really designed to split the output of a single source. I tried using it in reverse with my satellite box optical and Xbox optical into the splitter, then a single optical into the pre/pro and I hoped it would render whichever one was active or turned on, but it doesn't. It will only recognize one or the other no matter if one of them is off.

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,

I was hoping to do the exact same thing with optical audio as my receiver only has one optical input. I will have to figure out another way. Is there an optical splitter that can do it in reverse anyone?

I did order the Xbox HD adapter from Amazon.com.

I bought an Xbox system with Madden 2002 and extra controller slightly used for $350 plus $25 shipping. Can't wait till Jan. 15th when it arrives!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks