Where to get HD tuner? And antenna?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Norris, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Norris

Norris Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Just got the JVC PD-42WX84, everything is beautiful! I'm very happy with it so far, have heard lots of good things about this set. NTSC tuner for regular TV is included, stand, JVC box to connect peripherals, and speakers included. Most other plasma have none of these. I just plugged the cable line to the TV and wow! Most things look very very good, some channels just can't be helped, but I don't watch those anyways. I always watch the Speed Channel, and it looks fantastic! Where do you guys recommend to buy the HD tuner to get OTA broadcasts (I want to watch the Super Bowl in HD), and which antenna is good?

Thanks!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Here's where you want to post when asking about getting an HD tuner, Norris.

3. Norris

Norris Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for moving it to the right area.[​IMG]

4. John S

John S Producer

When I was out at a few Brick and Mortor retailers, every place I went to had open box OTA ATSC tuners. They all told me, it is very common for people to buy the wrong box, not realize it til they go to hook it all up, so they bring them back. They all seemed to be around $200, a few a little less, a few a little more.

Before xmas I was able to get the Zenith HDV-420 for about $200 as well it was listed as a display model.

Circuit City has a new one for $299, that I have been wanting somebody to buy, and give some feedback here on it.

The ones for sale on ebay seem to go for about $200 also.