What's new

where to get gloss black laminate (1 Viewer)

zane

Stunt Coordinator
i checked lowe's and they carry wilsonart and formica laminates neither of which have a gloss black, only a flat black and a sparkle black, i even checked the websited and they indeed don't have a gloss black laminate, does anyone know where i can get a gloss black laminate

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Zane, you need to find a distributor in your area. Your dealer may well be a tile distributor, as here in Austin. Check the yellow pages under laminate, or go to tile, or go to the WilsonArt web site and look for dealers close to you. Gloss is definitely a special order.

zane

Stunt Coordinator
i seem to remember looking at the wilson art website and all they had was flat black but i'll check the phone book for some more dealers

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
A very good place to look would be local kitchen cabinet shops. Most of them do custom work and will have access to any kind of laminate that exists. As Hank mentioned, gloss black will most likely be special order. Though if you have any large woodworking supply companies they may have it in stock. Best of luck.

Dan Hine

zane

Stunt Coordinator
i'm not gonna pay $25 for them to pack the laminate plus shipping i'm gonna try to look for some local places that might be able to special order it

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Zane, you should be able to find a tile distributor that is either a WilsonArt or Formica distributor. Gloss is not normally a stock item. Here's a description of WilsonArt's finishes:
Finishes
* #1 High Gloss
A mirror sheen finish which gives a smooth, brilliant appearance. Excellent for any vertical application. Laminates with a high gloss finish can be used for horizontal application only in light use areas. We recommend that it not be used on horizontal work surfaces such as countertops. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 100 ( 10.
* #7 Textured Gloss
A textured finish which reproduces the high sheen of waxed wood furniture. Recommended for horizontal and vertical application. Available only on those designs for which it is the standard finish. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 36 ( 3.
* #50 Touchstone
A pebbled texture with the look and feel of coarse-grained sand. Recommended for vertical and non-writing horizontal surfaces in residential and commercial applications. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 10 ( 2.
* #60 Matte
Textured finish with a moderate reflective quality. Recommended for horizontal and vertical application. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 10 ( 2.
* #81 Cathedral Grain
An embossed finish that offers the look and feel of flat cut wood. Recommended for vertical application and non-writing horizontal surfaces in residential and commercial applications such as casework. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 25 ( 6.
* #90 Crystal
A very finely beaded texture that minimizes smudges and finger marks and improves scratch resistance. Recommended for horizontal and vertical application. Glossometer reading: MD and CD 13 ( 3.
WilsonArt has a distributor locator: http://www.wilsonart.com/laminate/co...ator/index.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks