What's new

where to get cheapest good 40' RCA? (1 Viewer)

mikeHende

Agent
Where can I get a pair of the cheapest good 40' RCA cable? I bought one for $6 off Ebay and the freakin' end came off the first time I tried it. I don't need one for continuos use, only for experiments every now and then which is why i don't wish to buy a high end or top quality cable so I need something decent that won't come apart, well I guess one that has "strain relief", any links? Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I would buy some RG6 coax and make one. Or buy a coax already made and get adapters to RCA.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy two coax cables that are terminated with F Type connections and then purchase 4 F Type to RCA convertors. I could make you something but shipping alone would be more then just buying these parts locally.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I ran video about ~120 ft using RG6 & adapters and couldn't do; s video workes great at that length.
40 ft should be no problem for audio or video

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You can search for "Python Cable". This brand is mass-built and packaged with various HD cable set top box's. You can buy them for about $1/ft.

They work and would be ok for something in the garage you pull out for occasional use or moving the projector outside for a nightime show.

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
I will not do business with Monoprice.com anymore. I got a 25foot component cable from them that was bad from the beginning. Emailed them for 4 days straight...I didnt get one response. Their Ebay policy is that you can ONLY get refunded the price of the item, not the price you pay for shipping. Well, they charge a dollar or two for the cable, and triple the actual shipping charge. So, if you get a bad item, they will only refund you a dollar or two. Kind of crappy customer support if you ask me. All in all the 25ft component cable was a mere $11...thankfully im not out that much money in the grand scheme of things.

I ended up buying a 30 foot component cable from BlueJeanscable. It should be here saturday. Price was $110 thought. I dont know how much you want to spend.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Shane - please make sure you post here with your impression of the cable and what you hooked it up to and how you like it.

Lots of other people will be interested in hearing your impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks