Where to get adjustable center speaker stand?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Barteaux, Jan 5, 2002.

1. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

Lots out there but I have not seen any adjustable stands for center speaker. Any suggestions?

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Since I'm using my center speker below my TV, I used a car jack as my stand! I bolted a piece of black laminated wood to the stand and set the speaker on top of it. What's great about it is I can raise or lower the stand if I want the speaker higher (when you're watching a higher ratio movie you can raise the speaker up into the "black bar" area and it stays unseen. raising it up also aligns the speaker better with the two mains.) The jack cost $7 at my local Canadian Tire and the wood cost $.50. It's cheap and it works great! try it out![​IMG]

3. Ron Alcasid

Ron Alcasid Stunt Coordinator

Here's one but it's expensive. It's bulit like a tank though. I've got my Active/CC, which weighs 40 lbs., sitting on one and I'm quite satisfied with it. Height is adjustable from 9.5 to 17 inches. The platform is fixed at 5 degrees but you can also vary the angle by adjusting the front floor spikes.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

A company called Lovan made "The Director": a triangle shaped stand with the rear foot adjustable so you can tilt the speaker up/down. Came in 2 sizes.