Where to get a projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ruben M, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Ruben M

Ruben M Extra

Anybody knows where i can find a store where i can buy a projector?(not a website).

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Maybe you could try something like Sams Club and see what selection they have. Other than that, I don't know what they have in the LA area but surely there must be lots of reputable HT stores from which to choose.

3. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Most of the big chain office supply stores carry low end projectors, but don't count on getting to try it in store.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

E GAD man you're in LA!!!

Look in the phone book for Audio/Video and HT stores, there's zillions there. I'm sure there are probably even some with valet parking and a free massage while you watch.

5. Ruben M

Ruben M Extra

There are only two stores where i found projectors in LA and they only have like 3 or 4 of them... This are low end. I found a couple of other stores, but those only carry the really expensive ones. I don't know why front projection is so neglected from the attention of the electronic stores, i am sure a lot of people would buy more of this products if they knew more about them.

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Circuit City/Best Buy carry a few projectors. Circuit City is a better bet (since they don't have a restock fee). Not really specifically HT projectors, but a few of them work very well for HT (like the ever-popular X1).

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Any reason why your not inclined to order over the net? Just curious. Your really limiting yourself to selection if you go B&M.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

8. Ruben M

Ruben M Extra

Dave:
    These stores offer a very limited selection of projectors and all of them are the low quality kind, the one you use for presentations at school or the office...

Ron:
    I will definitely buy my projector over the net, but I will really like to see them in action..... the net doesn't allow me to do this. To tell you the truth i have never seen one of this in action, except the times i saw the lower quality ones at the store or at the training in my office. Now... don't you think that i want the best of the best, but something that is ok for home theater...

9. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Ruben,

Try this thread.

Maybe you can find someone who will demo their unit in their home near your area. That'd be better than a showroom, most likely. It's worth a shot.

Take care,
    George

10. Ruben M

Ruben M Extra

Thank you George for the link... that's a cool thread...

11. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Projectorpeople.com will give you up to 7 days and several hours on the PJ for in home demo. I bought my Panny from them and the CS is top-notch, highly recommended.

Peace Out~[​IMG]