where to get a great deal on Direct TV HDTV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MarkHughes, Feb 8, 2005.

1. MarkHughes

MarkHughes Stunt Coordinator

Where is the best deal going. I would rather not pay the 299.00 bucks to my local best buy if I can avoid it. Seems to me I recall hearing stories of great deals somewhere on the net. Any suggestions???

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    If you are a good customer, then call customer retention. They can offer you an HD receiver for as low as $99. The deal you get will vary depending on how long you have been a customer, your current programming level and what kind of mood your CSR is in. The direct number to retention has been posted in this forum so you should be able to find it.

-Robert

3. MarkHughes

I am a new direct TV customer... dumping cable. I am going to be purchasing the biggest package they have and will have standard tivo on one set, HDTV in the theater, and a standard box in the bedroom. Looking for something less than the 450 bucks (before 50.00 rebate on the DVR) they are looking to rape me for.

any suggestions?

4. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

I heard from a guy from good guys that if you have a DirectV already and you buy the HD receiver.. they have a upgrade program for $20. Of course buying that HD reciever isn't going to be cheap..

5. MarkHughes

OK... as I stated to Robert, I am not a current subscriber. I am looking for the best startup price out there.

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    They don't discount HD receivers for new customers. Value Electronics can work with you if you are buying multiple receivers.

-Robert

7. MarkHughes

If I buy my own receiver before doing the install, can I order the basic setup and have them use my HD receiver instead of one of the standard? Plenty of good deals on receivers on ebay!