where to get a good deal on Yamaha RX-V1400?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jason_Chen_LA, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Jason_Chen_LA

Hi,

After some research and great advice from folks around here, I've decided to get the Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver. now, where to get a good deal online?

thanks,

jason

2. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Just make sure when purchasing online that you buy the receiver from a Yamaha authorized Internet reseller, otherwise Yamaha will void your 2-year manufacturer's warranty. Take a look here.

3. Jason_Chen_LA

thanks for the info and the link. I did a little search and it turned up a whole bunch of internet stores that sells this receiver. If these stores are not "authorized" dealers (according to your link to Yamaha), does it mean that it is illegal for them to sell this product? if not, does it mean that the receiver they sell may be grey market stuff, or some knock-offs? what does "authorized dealer" mean anyway?

thanks.

Jason

4. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

no, it doesn't mean its illegal for them to sell it. It just means they are not an authorized reseller channel according to Yamaha. I don't know how these un-"authorized" dealers get their hands on the equipment, but that doesn't make the equipment they sell knock-offs, because they wouldn't be in business selling fake stuff. If you buy from an un-"authorized", Yamaha will void your 2 year manufacturer's warranty as per the details on their website. The authorized internet resellers sell the receiver for quite a bit more than the un-"authorized" internet resellers, but I suggest you go to a local store that is an authorized reseller and bargain the price down. The ticket price on my Yamaha RX-V2400 was $1500 CDN, I went to a bunch of local authorized resellers and managed to bargain it down to $1120 CDN.