What's new

Where to get a good 2 ch receiver (1 Viewer)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Try to buy it off them! Especially if it has the wood case. A refinished marantz wood case alone just went for $180 on ebay. I've seen the receiver go for nearly $200 without the case. I'm very lucky to have gotten one with a case in such good condition. Only a few scrathes on the wood and a dead phono light. If they won't sell it, maybe you can trade for it?

Ted Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I second the NAD recommendation but also note that NAD does make stereo receivers that sound pretty good. When starting out, I had a NAD integrated and setup my sister with a NAD stereo receiver. You would need to match with fairly efficient speakers.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Jason:

That Marantz is a beauty. Brought back some wonderful old memories for me.

Alex:

I too would recommend a good 2-channel integrated amp, with an external tuner. Rotel and Arcam are two companies I am familar with, but I think you will find that there is a wide selection of high-quality products to choose from. I would look at Stereophile for additional companies offering such products.

Larry

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Alex, It's too bad that you don't like the way the older receivers look or else you could get yourselves a fantastic buy on ebay.
I wanted a spare receiver to power some speakers in the kitchen and the backyard and bought an older Marantz SR-2000. This has 65W/channel but will simply blow away most of the newer 100W/channel receivers. The sound is very warm and musical and adds a nice punch too.
But I beleive Denon and HK make some nice stereo receivers which should fit the bill for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks