What's new

Where to get a deal on a 12ft. HDMI cable? (1 Viewer)

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Folks,

Looking to avoid spending a ton of money on my first ever HDMI cable. Probably need 12ft. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ed. Looks like I'll be using them. Good prices from what I've seen in the few minutes I've just spend on their site.

Take care,
Rob

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
That link IS monoprice.com!
Why do people answer posts, without reading or looking at what's already been posted?
It happens quite a bit, at every forum I go to.............

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Because, there's no need to look at the link to see what you supplied. I answered the question with the company I use and perhaps somewhere in the language of your link Monoprice could be mentioned, also why do you have a problem with me answering his post the way I did?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Nothing personal.
It just bugs me when people won't read all the posts, or click links, to make sure they aren't repeating something already mentioned. I can sorta understand if there's 15-20 pages to go through first, but when it's just a couple of posts.........

It's fine to agree or disagree with someone's post. We all do that. But as I said, this happens everywhere, and not just to my posts. It didn't bother me that it was my post, but anybody's post in general. I'm not picking on you in particular. It just happened to be you, this time. I respect your posts most of the time, so I wasn't trying to upset you. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Everybody has little things that bug them, and this is one of mine. Sorry.......

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Cool Beans, and I apologize as well, had a bad day yesterday, some still left over probably shouldn't have replied, and thanks for the reply.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Does anyone else hate that the bulletin software auto-changes the link text to the title of the linked site? It didn't use to do this.

Ed types in just the www.monoprice.com and it auto-expands into this huge title that doesn't contain the site name anymore, "HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!" garbage unless you take steps to overrule it, giving it a full format URL and link title. I like the old way a lot better.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might also check Meritline.com. Nobody seems to mention them, but I have gotten hdmi and optical digital cables from them at scary low prices. They have always been surprisingly good cables too. They don't offer nearly as many variations as the other places mentioned, but holy cow their prices are low.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out the site and man they got a deal with a HDMI switcher and (3) 6 foot cables for 23.99 with free shipping. I need one of these for the bedroom. I'll let you know how good the site is.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I've bought ink for my printer from them before, but never any cables. Didn't know they even sold them. They were good to deal with for the ink, so I would guess they'd be good with the cables also.

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
do not know the prices on those websites but costco has a 12 foot hdmi for 35$ canadian

dk21

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Yes, monoprice.com is the place to go. I have ordered a number of cables from them. They are fast, have great customer service, and the cables are good quality.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I ordered a 10" mediabridge yesterday. I've used their cables before and I have been very satisfied. It's $12 at Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks