What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Where to find the 7th speaker? (1 Viewer)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

On Friday I went to Best Buy to blow my IRS refund check. I bought (as part of a special sale, saving $200) the JBL SCS160SI 6.1 kit, as well as the Sony STR-DE697 7.1 amp. Now I have my sub, fronts and sides set up, with a lonely rear channel satellite in the back of the room. It deserves a mate, another JBL 160SISAT. JBL doesn't appear to sell their satellites separately... or am I mistaken?

I'm very new at this (my last HT setup was a Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 which lasted 5 years), so any help you all can offer would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

CS

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Just use 6 speakers. Place the rear speaker in the center behind your seating. DD-EX and DTS-ES are mostly a 6.1 channel decoding much of the time anyway. The 7th channel is a rear signal matrixed or split to make 7. I think you have to use the left rear if only using 1 speaker.

I am sure that someone here will tell you different, that 7 is mandated, but 6.1 receivers don't even give a 7th channel.

Good luck,

Dennis

mrfronce

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank

I have an extra JBL 160SISAT if you still want it. Let me know, thanks.

eclarkhb

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Hey! I'm interested in the extra speaker!

I have a 6.1 set of JBL 160SISAT speakers & would like to get a 7th.

If you still have the speaker, how can I get it from you? Where are you located?

Thanks!

Eric

bgrope

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Still have an extra JBL 160SISAT speaker left? I need to replace one of mine. Thanks!

MarvinJr

Stunt Coordinator
Check the date dude, someone even told you it was 4 years ago the guy posted. lol

Edited by MarvinJr - 7/3/2009 at 03:04 am GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cut_the_cord
Recent bookmarks