Where to Find: Needle for Fisher Price Record Player?

DeathStar1

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Neil
I just dragged this out, but saw that it was missing a needle. Does anyone know what type of needle I need, and where I can get one?

Thanks

GuyMaren

Agent
Reaction score
If you can determine the make and model of the phono cartridge (the module on the end of the arm that holds the needle), you might be able to find a replacement here:

Needle Doctor

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Here's another potential. Don't believe they have a website:

Needle In A Haystack
785 A Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852

Phone: (301) 279-5511

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Radio Shack has them all I suggest you check their website www.radioshack.com and do a search, if anyone is going to have what you need it's ratshack!

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Since we're talking about, essentially, a toy here, this thread won't be moved to A/V Sources.

Wouldn't this thing have a lowly ceramic phono cartridge, with a flipover-type stylus? And would you really want to risk the damage to any valued vinyl recordings by playing them on this thing (it probably tracks at five or six grams)?

Zen Butler

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

The counterweight variance on the Fisher Price unit is suprisingly amazing.

Chris

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Oddly, even though many of these had a flippable cartridge, many also offerred a 78RPM speed. I guess the kids found "Chipmunk speed" entertaining, as I doubt people were putting real 78RPM records on it..

However, on the one I still have in a closet, one side of the cartridge reads 45/78

JamesCB

Second Unit
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a "smart ass" but:

Have you tried contacting Fisher Price?

I would think they would be the best to know what the repalcement part is and where/how to order it.

DeathStar1

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Neil
Thanks for the needle doctor link, I found it there thanks to their tech support help
. Although after just spending 90$'s for an upgrade to DVD Movie Factory, the needls going to have to wait for a bit

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corn Pop