Where to find info on Mits HD STB and TiVo

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ken R, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Ken R

Ken R Auditioning

I got my TiVo today. Can't get an analog signal out of my set top box (Mitsubishi HD). Reading the manual, I think I've discovered that if the STB is in HD 1030i mode, it won't simultaneously output on the composite cables.

Is this problem insurmountable?[​IMG]

Also, can't seem to get audio out of the Left/Right jacks, either. Seems like audio should belch forth even if I can't get video.

Ken

2. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

Yes, it should. No audio when hooked up straight to the TV? Check it out this way; Tivo won't record audio-only if it's not receiving a video signal.

3. Lanny_B

Lanny_B Second Unit

I'm looking for more info on the HD Tivo? When will it come out and how much will it cost to buy, and subscribe to?

(I've never had Tivo, and am getting an HD TV in a couple months.)

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    It will be out in a couple of months. The rumored prices have been between $699 and $999. Subscription will be like and DirecTV DVR powered by Tivo - $5 covers all the DirecTivos in the house. If you have sticker shock, just remember this is the equivalent of 2 DirecTV HD receivers and a 250GB hard drive. Price them separately and see what it comes to. It will be able to record 30 hours of HD, about 200 hours of SD or a combination of both. It can record 2 streams at once from the two satellite tuners, the two ATSC tuners or one of each. It will not record from cable, analog OTA or any component inputs. Only DirecTV satellite signals and 8VSB.

-Robert

5. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

List is $999, some dealers are offering preorder at $899 if you put $100 non-refundable deposit down.