What's new

Where to find info on camcorders? (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the OT, but I was wondering if there's a forum somewhere for camcorders? I'm going to purchase a digital one this week, and wanted to find out as much info as possible.

Thanks!

Mike D.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
800.com used to have some good forums for this...

but they've disappeared not that it's become Circuit City.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I just did a Google search on "camcorder forum" to see what would turn up, and at least half a dozen turned up. Knowing how Google ranks these, I would say that the first couple listed are probably pretty active. Other than that, I don't spend a lot of time on them, so can't give a personal recommendation.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies! I found that homethreaterspot has a forum, but not many posts. I eventually came across some reviews and will most likely get the canon zr40. It's cheap and that's what I'm looking for. :)
I'll try the google search to see what else I can find. Thanks for everyone's help!
Mike D.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I would receommend that camera in a heart beat, how much are you getting it for?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Kevin,
I got it yesterday at Best Buy for $569. I wanted to get it at a B&M store so I can return if I see fit. And you know what? I might return it. The video is fine, but the damn thing records the tape transport noise! I found reviews were others have mentioned this, but thought maybe they were hearing things and took a chance. Sure enough, I heard it too! Maybe folks that don't hear it aren't hooking it up to their TV, or HT.
Now I have to find a suitable replacement, and try and get BB to waive the 15% restocking fee since, in my eye's, they sold me a "defective" product. I called Canon and they said it's normal with compact camcorders and to use an external mic! Or send it to them for repairs?!?!
I'm not to happy with myself... I generally make smart decisions when I spend $$$$ like this, this is a first for me :angry:
Do you have this camera, and does yours make that noise?
Mike D.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
This is noticed by some on the cameras, it is found in most compact camcorder lines I have seen.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Interesting... but I wonder why I haven't read about this problem on other camcorders? I guess I need to test mine a bit more in different conditions...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks