Where to find good deal on Infocus X1 projector?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason J, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Jason J

Jason J Auditioning

Hello all,

The time has come for me to take the next step into front projection. I've been reading some threads here and over at AVSforums, and I've decided on the Infocus X1. However, it seems all of the great deals that made the projector so attractive have dried up. I wish I could have gotten in on one of those awesome Dell.com deals for around $750!

So does anybody know of any places now to get a good price on the X1? I'd like to go with a reputable place, so as to have a valid warranty.

Thanks to all!

Jason

2. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Circuit City has it for $899, says it's not in stock, but I'm sure you could go order one from them locally if one's available to you, pretty safe purchase there. Here's some other options, newegg has been good to me in the past, they have it for $889.

http://reviews.cnet.com/InFocus_X1_M...by=50&sort=asc

By the way, the lowest price of $819 is after a mail in rebate, plus it looks like a new store.

3. Jason J

Jason J Auditioning

Thanks for the tips, Steven. $899 is about what I've seen at most of the online retailers. I guess I missed the boat on all the good deals a few weeks back [​IMG]

Oh well, if anybody knows of any more good deals, I'd love to know! Thanks again.

Jason

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I saw a price for $839. But their resellerratings were pitiful - like sub-6/10. (plus, I don't know if they are an authorized infocus dealer).

Looks like $899.
    You're probably best off ordering it from CC. I did notice that www.Newegg.com carries it - they are probably the most trusted name in Computer stuff on the internet.

Apparently (per fatwallet.com's last discussion thread on the X1 deal) Dell says that the X1's lifespan is done, and that they aren't expecting any more to come in.

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Jason - still looking for a deal on the X1?

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/356798/

If you skip the Fatcash rebate at fatwallet (if you're not familiar with the site), you can still get 10% off. Techbargains has the coupon link up (search for buy.com and you'll find the link on the righthand side).

6. Jason J

Jason J Auditioning

Thanks Dave, you're awesome! I've been waiting for ANY deal better than $899, and this is perfect. I found it at Best Buy for $899, but tax kills it.

I read Fatwallet pretty regularly, but I'm not familiar with Fatcash combining with coupons. I'm assuming you can't combine them?

Hopefully if Hurricane Frances doesn't cost me too much, the wife will agree to this!

Thanks again!

Jason

7. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Well, not everyone is familiar with fatwallet. Since you are, if you have a fatcash acount set up, go for it. I was just saying, if you're not familiar with fatcash, the deal with just the coupon was a decent deal.

8. Brian Gi

Brian Gi Stunt Coordinator

Hang on until Sunday, you won't be sorry!

9. Jason J

Jason J Auditioning

Brian,

What happens on Sunday?

Jason

10. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

11. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

What about Ebay? I'm sure you can find a brand new X1 for lower than all of the prices listed above.

12. Brian Gi

Brian Gi Stunt Coordinator

Today's CC ad was what I was referring to.