What's new

Where to find decent turntable needles/cartriges online (1 Viewer)

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Hello,
I recently dug out my old Fisher turntable from around 1980 (I think it's an MT-100, or something like that). I had been using it up until about 6 years ago, and even then I knew it was time for a new needle (been through about 5 prior to that over the years).
Is there a good online site to buy a half decent needle/cartrige for this thing? I had found a few sites a few months ago, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with getting them online - any sites I should avoid?
It's a basic belt-driven, S-shaped tone arm w/ balance type.
Any suggestions would be appreciated so that I might break out a few of my 500 albums and EP's I haven't heard in a while.:)
Joel

Miles_W

Second Unit
Joel,
there are a couple of sites that I have been to to look at but I have NOT ordered from them so I cannot give any experience on that matter they are...
www.needledoctor.com
and
www.elusivedisc.com
give them a look...
Miles
and yes break out the Vinyl and rejoice :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joel, I have ordered CDs and SACDs from Elusive Disc, and their customer service is excellent. Try them out. In addition to the links that Miles provided, check out www.amusicdirect.com .

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Thanks, I'll be checking these sites out.
BTW, it's a Fisher MT-6310, purchased at a Sherwood Magnavox store as part of a complete Fisher component system by my parents when I was 15. That night, I sat down in front of one of the TV sets so that I wouldn't miss that night's episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
This turntable is the only surviving member of the setup that included a set of 3-way speakers, the receiver, a cassette tape deck and an 8-track tape deck (only because my mother's car had a 8-track tape player in it at the time).
This store was also my first exposure to Laserdisc video a few years later. They used to demo Star Trek - The Motion Picture all the time there. It would be anothter 10 years before I got one myself.
Joel

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joel, that's a great story. I remember Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century back around 1979-1980. I was just 9-10 years old. What a blast from the past. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks