What's new

where to find authorized dealer for yamaha rxv2400? (1 Viewer)

NeerajC

Agent
well, after lurking on this board for a couple of months i'm ready to buy the yamaha rxv2400, but could someone point me in the direction of an authorized yamaha dealer, just in case i have issues with the product? i would really appreciate it.

ps. i'm a total HT newbie, so please be gentle....

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a tweeter store near you check there.
I can't post links yet but there are authorized dealers online. jandr.com is an authorized online dealer.
If you go the Yamaha website and search for dealers at the bottom of the page there are authorized online dealers.

NeerajC

Agent
how come the authorized dealers are charging almost 1k for the unit but other websites are charging around $800? Also, should i play the odds and just buy it cheaper?

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Neeraj, try to find a local retailer and bargain the price down. I'm in Canada, where retail price for this receiver is $1600 CDN. I went to an authorized local retailer and bargained the price down to $1120 CDN.

I wouldn't take the risk of buying such an expensive product from an unauthorized dealer. You will lose a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, and I just don't think its worth it, especially since you can probably get it from an authorized reseller at relatively the same price.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
Authorized resellers have to abide by certain rules for pricing set by the manufacturer. They can sell it for less but usually can't list the price below a certain point. That is how manufacturers control the pricing and protect the authorized dealers business. If they are not authorized, they can do whatever they want. If you find a low price on the net, most dealers will try to come close for you.

Users who are viewing this thread