What's new

Where to find a Panasonic RP-82? (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
a Panasonic RP-82 DVD Player. I would like to avoid purchasing on line. I have checked the local CC, BB, Tweeter, etc and they carry (the ones who carry Panny) only the RP-62.
Where can I find the RP-82 and what is the major difference between the 82 and the 62??:confused:

Art Morales

Agent
If you have an Ultimate Electronics store in your area they carry the RP-82. Sorry can't give you the differences between the two players.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
This has been covered extensively in several threads. The 82 is very difficult to find in your local stores. The only one I have seen it in around here is Fry's. You may have to go to Crutchfield or Onecall. The general consensus around here is the 82 is superior in every aspect to the 62 and is well worth the extra money.

Try searching for those threads.

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
The main difference between the two is that the rp82 has a built in DD and DTS decoder and will play DVD-Audio. The rp62 is a normal dvd player with prog scan.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I searched for a month trying to find a place that sells the RP82 locally. I live in a fairly large market (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater) and couldn't find one person. I contacted Panny and they gave me the standard list of dealers. I said I had already contacted them with no luck. That's when they told me to go to Crutchfield. I ended up buying mine from Outpost.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread