Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_Smith, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Michael_Smith

Michael_Smith Auditioning

Well, I got the code to unlock my dvd player, now I just need to find a place that sells NTSC non-region 1. Unfortunately, the box can't do PAL, so I'm pretty much out of luck for the places I've found.
    Can anyone recommend a place to buy NTSC non-region 1 dvds? From what I saw at Amazon.uk it's all PAL. Thanks!
    -Mike
    Hopefully one with an English website so I can read it. [​IMG] heh! I know, I know, learn another language, I'm working on it.

2. Jake Fisher

Jake Fisher Extra

Micheal,

With your limitations, your best (really only place) is Japan. Japanese disc's are region 2 and NTSC. There are lots of great discs to be had depending on your tastes....You may also find some in region 3 Hong Kong...Some places to purchase? Cdjapan.co.jp, amazon.co.jp, laserexchange.com and dddhouse.com for HK releases.

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

4. Michael_Smith

Michael_Smith Auditioning

Thanks for the site suggestions! I'll check them out. I wish I had known the American version of the DV6200 didn't have a Pal option. The euro version of the same player can handle both. The whole thing is just ridiculous, region coding and the encoding standard.

5. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Well, this is probably inappropriate; but if you are looking for R2 PAL DVDs look here:
    I made a huge order to save on shipping so these are actually cheaper than if you went out and got them yourselves:
    New DVD's:
    Snake in the Eagle's Shadow - $15.00
    Police Story - Collector's Edition - $19.50
    Game of Death - Platinum Edition - $30.00
    Minty Fresh
    Memento Mori - Widescreen R3
    Thunderbolt - Widescreen R0
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Ships from California. Buyer pays Shipping Costs.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The players can OUTPUT PAL but they won't convert it to NTSC. Very few players do that, but the number is growing. As far as mainstream manufacturers go, only 1 JVC model has that feature