What's new

Where to buy wires? (1 Viewer)

Gritter99

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
I have a denon 1712 on the way, and have pioneer fs52's and c22. Where's the best place to buy my wiring? Certain gauge style most prefer? I've never hooked up a home theatre so not sure if I need any kind of special connections lol. Any help is much appreciated!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your local hardware store. 12/14 gauge is preferred.
The same stuff plugging the AVR into the wall. Lamp cord.
If you really want banana plugs, buy those as well. But banana plugs are "useless" if not soldered to the ends. So if you don't know how to use a soldering gun...don't worry about spades/banana/tips of any kind.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
And if you find you need HDMI cables or digital cables to hook up your components, try Monoprice.com. They have great quality and prices.

Gritter99

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
schan1269 said:
Your local hardware store. 12/14 gauge is preferred.
The same stuff plugging the AVR into the wall. Lamp cord.
If you really want banana plugs, buy those as well. But banana plugs are "useless" if not soldered to the ends. So if you don't know how to use a soldering gun...don't worry about spades/banana/tips of any kind.
Lol really?! Lamp cord, would've never guessed

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yep, copper is copper.
I have some outdoor speakers that are mounted in shrubs. I have dual RG6 running to them as speaker wire. Why?
Needed something that could withstand the weed whacker.

Gritter99

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
What cables from mono price would I need to hook the klipsch rw-12 I have on order as well?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Guess what I'm using as the speaker wire from an Onkyo TX NR1008 into a BIC DV62CLRS...
The cord I took off an iron(you know...ironing your clothes) when it died...and before it went in the trash. It was exactly the right length...and the end "off the iron" was already stripped for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks