Where to buy Watches Online? Ebay?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by KyleS, Jun 3, 2003.

1. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I am looking to replace my aging watch and dont really like the prices of my local jewelry/watch shops. What do you guys recommend for buying a nice 100-350 Seiko, Swiss Army, etc. with a Chronograph?

I looked at Ebay but most of the watches are being sold from people in Singapore. Should I trust watches coming from Singapore? Heck I know that they sell a TON of fake Rolex watches there so are most of these Seiko watches fake to? Any help is appreciated.

KyleS

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

Try ashford.com

Matt

3. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

On this topic, I just recently went watch shopping and was APPALLED by most models.

I mean, really, most are friggin UGLY and HUGE! What is up with these ugly gargantuan monstrosities?

99% of the mens watches were 1/4" or more deep, had a face comparable in size to a salad plate (I exaggerate a little), and some had bands even wider.

(hack, retch, vomit!)

Maybe I am alone in my preferences, but I like a watch to be wafer thin, the face about the size of a quarter, with a complimentable band and tasteful. Very few match this so I can only assume my tastes to be irregular.

Is this true?

4. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I've never purchased anything from this site, but www.worldofwatches.com is worth a look. I do know that they have a very wide variety, especially the Movado's that I like so much!

5. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Do you guys/gals think that the watches on Ebay from Singapore are mostly fake?

KyleS

6. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I second the recommendation of Ashford.com. I bought 2 watches from them about a year ago for some amazing prices and their service was great.