1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy SVHS tapes online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Beacom, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I remember a thread with suggestions to the above question some time ago and can't find it. I assume it must have been prior to the forum software switch.
    I have a 2 Fuji tape's I bought from CC that are both in ordinary condition after 5 months of recording. Anyone got any suggestions for good places to buy online?
    I remember the old thread talked about the best quality option being 2nd hand professional tapes from stations.
    TIA.

2. Luciano Pires

Andrew,
    Try this site http://www.ggvideo.com/ They have a good selection of tapes and you can order them online.
    I use Fuji H471S T-120 for video editing. They're pretty good.
    Hope this helps...
    LP
    ------------------

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

www.tapewarehouse.com . They even have professional grade broadcast tapes (BASF) and the quality was really, really good. I have the 7600 witn DNR when I play the movie I recroded on this tape with DNR, it's very difficult to tell the difference between satellite source and the tape.
    ------------------
    If loving Home Theater is
    wrong, I don't want to be
    right!!!

4. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Jerome,
    Which SVHS tape do you use? I did not see any BASF SVHS tapes at the site just VHS ones. Are the item's labelled albums's just the cases? Or am I missing something here?
    The TDK and Sony ones look interesting.