Where to buy SVHS tapes online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Beacom, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I remember a thread with suggestions to the above question some time ago and can't find it. I assume it must have been prior to the forum software switch.
    I have a 2 Fuji tape's I bought from CC that are both in ordinary condition after 5 months of recording. Anyone got any suggestions for good places to buy online?
    I remember the old thread talked about the best quality option being 2nd hand professional tapes from stations.
    TIA.

2. Luciano Pires

Andrew,
    Try this site http://www.ggvideo.com/ They have a good selection of tapes and you can order them online.
    I use Fuji H471S T-120 for video editing. They're pretty good.
    Hope this helps...
    LP
    ------------------

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

www.tapewarehouse.com . They even have professional grade broadcast tapes (BASF) and the quality was really, really good. I have the 7600 witn DNR when I play the movie I recroded on this tape with DNR, it's very difficult to tell the difference between satellite source and the tape.
    ------------------
    If loving Home Theater is
    wrong, I don't want to be
    right!!!

4. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Jerome,
    Which SVHS tape do you use? I did not see any BASF SVHS tapes at the site just VHS ones. Are the item's labelled albums's just the cases? Or am I missing something here?
    The TDK and Sony ones look interesting.