Where to buy splice connectors for Canare cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Hayenga, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga Supporting Actor

Hey guys,

My loveable pooch decided to turn my 35' Canare V3-C3 component video cable into a 10' and a 25' foot piece. I now need some way of connecting the two halves. A local friend has a crimp set to work on Canare cables, but I'll need to buy the connector(s) necessary to put them back together. Does anyone know if something like this is made, or if not where to get some style of connector to accomplish this that will work with the Canare cable? I have never made DIY cables before. Thanks,

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Ouch!

Other than putting RCAs on both ends and using barrel connectors, no.

Pete

3. Chris Keen

Chris Keen Stunt Coordinator

I don't know, Mark. I looked on Canare's web catalog, but I didn't see what I was looking for. Namely female connectors. I was thinking you could just do a male and female for each of them to bring them together. Perhaps there are some other good brands that have both a male and female that you can use. I know that there aren't many RCA style that are true 75ohm, but if you can find a BNC or F style that may help. Or perhaps not?

Chris