What's new

Where to buy SACD's?? (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry if this has been discussed at nauseum..however I'm having trouble searching this site for the topic.

Locally, I've seen them at Best Buy and Circut City..but the selection is nothing too impressive. To get what I want I'll have to go on line. However, I've forgotten the sites I used to visit some time ago.

Anything with good prices/selection/experiences..would be appreciated!

Thanks!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I get my DVD-A's at Fry's mostly. Pretty big selection, for these fomats anyway, and the best prices. Usually $2-4 less than Best Buy. Don't think there's a Fry's in Omaha yet though. On-line is probably the best place, but I still like going into stores. Gene

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Omaha doesn't have Fry's or Tower Records..I MUCH prefer going into the store but...oh well! I know there are some good on line places to get SACD's but can't remember them. THe problem is that sometimes they are much more expensive then in a store. I saw a Patricia Barber SACD on line last night, for $30!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Red Trumpet is the best on-line site for audiophile mail-order products due to their excellent customer service.

Elusive Disc has also been a favorite.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I need a good place that gives me a nice mix of both new music and old, plus audiophile recordings like the Raven and Patricia Barber, along with stuff like Steely Dan and Pink Floyd. Sometimes you have to go to specialty sites for the audiophile stuff, and other places for Aerosmith etc.

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
Go to http://www.sa-cd.net/home.php

They have every SACD in existence listed and provide user reviews for many titles. They also give links to some stores that carry each individual title. You can do a comparision b/t amazon and CD Universe, for example.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Robert, that link you provided lists European prices and websites to purchase the SACD from. Is there a way to change this to US?

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
No, but the list includes Amazon and CD Universe, which combined should carry a good number of SACDs. Just b/c they don't list the price on all of the links doesn't mean the respective e-tailers don't carry them. Just click on the CD Universe link for details, for example.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Here is a site with an extensive listing of SACDs: http://store.acousticsounds.com/

I have not ordered from this company but I know many people on this forum have. They seem to have a good reputation. I have actually had good luck ordering SACDs from Amazon.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
My votes go to CD Universe and Music Direct as the best IMO...I have never had a problem with either of them, service and product-wise. Based on my expericences, CDU has the better selection and a bit better pricing. Acoustic Sounds is decent too, but some of my orders took some time to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks