Where To Buy SA4200HD Box???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonLC, Feb 2, 2003.

1. JasonLC

JasonLC Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have a source to buy the new Scientific Atlanta 4200HD HDTV cable box from? Here in Oklahoma Cox is has started our HDTV cable service, and say they only support the POS SA3100HD that doesn't have zoom/scale features like the SA4200HD does. If they support the SA3100HD, why wouldn't the SA4200HD box work on the same system. Doesn't it have the exact same connectivity to their headend as the SA3100HD, therefore to get it initialized into their system all they have to do is send a signal from their office to the box to activate it? They are also making us buy the SA3100HD box from local retailers for $499 instead of renting it. If I am going to pay $499 for the HDTV box I don't want the outdated already SA3100HD, I want the more feature rich SA4200HD that can zoom/scale HD content internally. Does anyone know the retail price of the SA4200HD box and where to get one? Will it work on the COx system here in Oklahoma which is probably just like all the other cable company's HDTV systems in the US?

POST #1 | Report this post to a mod

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I don't believe it's that "plug and play" unfortunately. The box will download a lot of code from the network before it'll fire up and this code is most likely at least somewhat different from the 3100HD.