What's new

Where to buy rp82? (1 Viewer)

Chris Strasz

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like this player is not really available anywhere anymore. I went to my local fry's and they were sold out - and onecall no longer lists this on their website.

Hell - even the authorized etailer that panasonic lists the model as discontinued and that they no longer carry it.

Were these models really discontinued or just in high demand? I can find some places online but they're charging 250+ for a 229 MSRP product. Seems kind of lame.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I want one too:) Where did you find on online? Heck, I've looked at 20 different spots! grrr...anyone out there??:)

Chris Strasz

Stunt Coordinator
i went to shopping.yahoo.com and typed in rp82. Bunch of places supposedely carry them but their prices are all over the place and i'd rather buy it at a respectable place that's well known. Any suggestions?

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I did the same thing:) All of them were out also...man, that sux! Hmm... I now started looking up the ladder a bit at the higher end ones...(denon 1600-3800) reading the 135 post thread below has me wondering what to do:) I heard the 72 has port problems, so forget that...but according to avs the denon 1600, and the rp82 are darn near the same unit...except for the price:)(250 vs 375) drop me a line...I'll post here if anything comes up! tom

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a cp-72 a couple weeks ago from CC and it is working flawlessly.

MikeS.

John Holliday

Auditioning
Panasonic under-estimated the popularity and demand of this unit. Call the Panasonic customer service number and they will give you a number of a company (I misplaced it) that will sell them to you. They are expecting a couple of shippments. One in mid January and another in February. The sales guy told that would be it for the RP-82. I bought mine from anoter member of this site.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks