Where to buy rp82?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Strasz, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Chris Strasz

Chris Strasz Stunt Coordinator

It seems like this player is not really available anywhere anymore. I went to my local fry's and they were sold out - and onecall no longer lists this on their website.

Hell - even the authorized etailer that panasonic lists the model as discontinued and that they no longer carry it.

Were these models really discontinued or just in high demand? I can find some places online but they're charging 250+ for a 229 MSRP product. Seems kind of lame.

2. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Yeah, I want one too[​IMG] Where did you find on online? Heck, I've looked at 20 different spots! grrr...anyone out there??[​IMG]

3. Chris Strasz

Chris Strasz Stunt Coordinator

i went to shopping.yahoo.com and typed in rp82. Bunch of places supposedely carry them but their prices are all over the place and i'd rather buy it at a respectable place that's well known. Any suggestions?

4. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

I did the same thing[​IMG] All of them were out also...man, that sux! Hmm... I now started looking up the ladder a bit at the higher end ones...(denon 1600-3800) reading the 135 post thread below has me wondering what to do[​IMG] I heard the 72 has port problems, so forget that...but according to avs the denon 1600, and the rp82 are darn near the same unit...except for the price[​IMG](250 vs 375) drop me a line...I'll post here if anything comes up! tom

5. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

I bought a cp-72 a couple weeks ago from CC and it is working flawlessly.

MikeS.

6. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

7. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

just called...backordered like everyone else

8. John Holliday

John Holliday Auditioning

Panasonic under-estimated the popularity and demand of this unit. Call the Panasonic customer service number and they will give you a number of a company (I misplaced it) that will sell them to you. They are expecting a couple of shippments. One in mid January and another in February. The sales guy told that would be it for the RP-82. I bought mine from anoter member of this site.

John