Where to buy RP-82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeSh, Nov 7, 2002.

1. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

Hello all! I live in a semi-remote area and need a recommendation on a good reliable place to buy a Panasonic RP-82 DVD player. Either off the 'net or I can travel to the DC area. I did a search on CircuitCity & BestBuy .com and I don't see that they carry this model.

After reading this forum I have decided on the rp-82 over the Toshiba 4800. Does anyone have any strong opinions against this decisions? The 4800 is my second choice mostly because I can get it at Costco.

Thanks, MikeS.

2. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

You'll most likely have to buy it online. I got mine from Amazon when it was onsale for $190. Crutchfield has it for $229 and you can get $20 off if you go through delios.com.

3. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

B&H photo has it for $199 right now.

4. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

www.onecall.com has it for $206.10 which includes shipping. I got my CP72 from them and service was great. Highly recommended.
    Chris

5. Dan Baldwin

Dan Baldwin Auditioning

I bought mine at a brick and mortar store called Soundtrack, also known as Ultimate Electronics. It was $229.

6. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Might I suggest Crutchfield. The reason being is that even though it's $229. They have a very liberal return policy (30 days, any reason) and they even pay for shipping returns. Plus you can get a $20 referral discount from me if interested.

David

7. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

David, I'm interested. How do I get the referral discount from you? Also, I'm now more inclined to the cp72 changer model. It has a 30 rebate from Panny. Would that apply as well?

Thanks,

MikeS.

8. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

MikeS,
    Yes the $30 rebate would still apply. Crutchfield was the first place I looked for the CP72. It was $249, before any discounts or rebates. The problem for me was living in Va. they had to charge me sales tax, so with shipping and tax, it was $272 before the $20 discount or the $30 rebate. I ended up going with onecall.com for $224.10 (shipping included) and the $30 rebate will bring it to under $200 shipped. The included shipping is Fed Ex. 3-day, and Fed Ex actually got it here in 2, so I was a very happy camper.

Chris