Where to buy remote for RCA vcr?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MTrotter, Dec 28, 2001.

1. MTrotter

MTrotter Stunt Coordinator

Marc
    We've lost the remote to a RCA vcr and you can't auto-program the channels from the front panel as far as I can tell. Therefore we only have channels 2-13. Bought an RCA "universal" remote at Wal-Mart for $10, but the "menu" button will not bring up the vcr menu, only the TV.

2. David X

David X Stunt Coordinator

well .. I was going to suggest an RCA universal remote.

Did you follow the programming directions for the remote? Your rca vcr might need a different code than the default one programmed into the remote, even though its an rca vcr. Some of them have limited functionality -- this one might not be able to bring up the vcr menu for example .. read the instructions. You might need a better universal remote. There are others to try as well, like the all-for-one models.

You might also try calling rca customer service with the vcr model number and have them suggest something.

-David

3. MTrotter

Marc
    David,

Yes, I put in every one of the 15 or 20 codes listed. I call RCA or look for a better remote.

4. MTrotter

Marc
    I called RCA customer support, they have the remote that goes with my vcr, but they want $55 for it. I think that is more than 1/3 the vcr price! I'll keep looking for the lost remote. It's got to be here somewhere.