What's new

Where to buy Paradigm speakers (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times on this forum, but...here goes again.

I am checking on some prices for a friend of mine. He is looking to get a pair of Esprit's, the CC-170, and a pair of the Atoms. I live near Buffalo, NY, and so far, the best price that I have come up with for the whole set is $650, But I am almost positive that I could find it somewhere else for less. Does anyone know of any online retailers of Paradigm? Also, we are not that far away from Canada, so it might be a possibility to drive up there, although Hamilton or Toronto would probably be a little to far.

If anyone has the names of the stores, or website links on any of this stuff I would appreciate them.

Thanks

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Paradigm doesn't allow sales through the internet. You can go to their website http://www.paradigm.ca and find another dealer. It might be worth the trip to Canada given that the the list prices for the speakers are listed, for the most part, are the same in Canadian $$ and USA $$.

The amount of discount varies by dealer. I can't get more than a 10% discount from my local dealer, but I have read where other people get 10 - 20% discount off the list price.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I have tried to locate dealers through their site before, and I have never had any luck with it...I just went to their site, and when you click "dealers", it just goes to some Ray Montford promo.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Yes Nathan, I have been stuck on that before aswell, the link is there somewhere though. I live in Canada and I get about 10% off list but sometimes much more. The speakers are worth the drive IMO. I have heard, as mentioned before, that the prices are the same in us or canadian dollarettes so a trip up to Ontario might save you about, what 30-40 percent? Liptons.ca is a Canadian dealer, maybe they will ship?

When you get to the promo, just hit the "Go To Dealer Locator" image. From there it's just clicking and typing. Also, make sure to try for both Paradigm dealers and Paradigm Reference dealers. For the longest time, I just did Paradigm retailers and got zip but when I chose Reference dealers I came up with a hit that also sold non-Reference ones. Good luck in you and your friends quest, I just picked up a pair of Phantoms (Demo models, got the pair for $200) and they're wonderful, at least for a HT neophyte like myself. Sure beats the pants off the Bose 201s I had.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Nathan,

Your about an hour away from Hamilton, where EHR is located(www.easthamiltonradio.on.ca) I've bought all my stuff their. When I got my 2pr-Mini Monitors/CC350 I got 20-25% off. With my new Studio 40,20, CC470(all v3), I was able to get them for 15% off($3100CDN taxes in) with free Premier stands(overall 20% off if I had to buy the stands). Its worth the drive for what you'll save with the prices and exchange rate. Not to mention you get the sales taxes back when you cross the border(7% GST) and via mail(8% PST)

Kevin

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
If you're near Buffalo, driving across into Canada and bringing them back will be the cheapest way to get Paradigms.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Anybody know if there's a Paradigm dealer in Windsor? I live in the Ann Arbor, Michigan and was wondering if it'd be worth heading up to Windsor for speakers.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I live in NJ and I drove all the way up to Canada for my Paradigm Reference 40, ADP and CC about 2 years ago. All together saved over $400 out of it. Went on a long weekend so the wife and I got a chance to hangout in Toronto too. Definately worth it for me.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
How does that work when you buy something in Canada, and then you bring it back to the US? Do you have to pay some kind of duty on it? I know with alcohol purchases you are supposed to wait like 24 hours or something like that before you come back.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Jason GT

Second Unit
My experience is importing stuff from the US to Canada, but my understanding of NAFTA as it pertains is this:

For NA made manufactured goods, there are no duties. Paradigm speakers are made in Canada, thus there should be no duty. Talk with whoever does imports for you guys (IRS?) first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks